Some Star Wars themed hacks from our most recent trip to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
It’s still a few years before Star Wars Land will open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a load of Star Wars themed fun now!
Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple: Watch younglings train in the ways of the Force and put their skills to the test against the Dark Sides greatest villains!
– Get there EARLY! I cannot stress that enough
– You MUST have your kid with you for them to get signed up
– Return for your show with plenty of time for your kid to get checked in and receive their instructions
– This will also determine which of the Villains your kid will battle during the show
– Don’t plan your FastPass+ too close to the showtime
– Because this is an outdoor show, it is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather
– Make sure you get a PhotoPass card from one of the photographers next to the stage
– That being said, get a good spot to take your own pictures/video
– Assess your kid and see if they are possibly too old or nervous in front of a crowd
– Getting a Star Tours FP+? Get it for the end of the show since you’re going to be there anyway.
Check out my brave nephew as a Padawan:
– A great place for anyone in your party who is not comfortable riding a motion simulator like Star Tours to wait
– Also a good place to get out of the elements if it’s too hot or raining.
Star Wars Launch Bay:
Check out movie props from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, play games, snap photos, screen videos, and greet heroes and villains.
– Plan to spend some time there, especially if there’s a Star Wars fan in your ranks
– Guests with PhotoPass will get the most out of this experience
– Meet Chewie, Kylo Ren and BB-8
– Bring something to trade with a Jawa (I hear they like shiny objects, like Tamatoa)
– Bring a Fiver ($5) for the penny smasher located just outside the gift shop (No pennies required)
– If a Storm Trooper asks you to go with him, do it! (You can thank me later)
– Use the restroom before the show
– Have someone in your group grab a spot while you take the kids on one more ride
– If you’re going to hold your kid, put them on your hip and NOT on your shoulders
– Get a snack to enjoy while you wait for the show to start
Any Hacks to share? Post them on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the tag, #DisneyHack
Be sure to check us out online at: